Spotlight: Linda Taylor

Every month we focus on an outstanding staff member of the BCM Family. This month, it’s Linda Taylor with the You FIRST program in human resources.

Do you know of a Baylor staff member who exemplifies our values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork and Excellence (RIITE)? Nominate him or her to be featured in Spotlight by emailing Dana Benson at benson@bcm.edu.

Linda Taylor

Linda Taylor

Name: Linda Taylor

Title: Organizational Development Specialist

Department: Human Resources/You FIRST

How long have you been at BCM? 1.5 years

What’s your favorite thing about working at BCM? Our organization is mission focused and is constantly redefining and transforming. My team has the opportunity to support this transformation by developing and rewarding people – and I love it!

Where were you born? Houston

What is your favorite kind of food? Seafood

What is your favorite restaurant in Houston, and at that restaurant your favorite dish? Reef – Slow Baked Salmon

What’s on your music playlist? A variety of music: gospel, pop/soul, country and for my workouts I have a little hip/hop!

What is your dream vacation? I would love to take a trip to Bora Bora and stay at the Four Seasons Hotel.

What is your favorite TV show? “The Voice”

Complete this sentence: Most people wouldn’t know that I … am a national fitness competitor.

What are some of your personal hobbies? Tennis, working out and traveling with my family.

Last book you read? “The Trust Edge” by David Horsager

Last movie you saw? “The Revenant” (excellent movie!)

Any kids? Pets? I have two daughters who both attend the University of Oklahoma. Kayla is 21 and is senior. Kimberlyn is 19 and is a sophomore.

Favorite food on campus? I usually bring my lunch, but I enjoy the salad bar at the café here in McGovern.

Favorite BCM/Medical Center hangout? My office because I enjoy spending time with my team!