Baylor College of Medicine’s Center for Professionalism works to recognize the efforts of Baylor faculty and staff who go beyond the typical job duties of healthcare workers.
Through the Power of Professionalism Award, the Center rewards Baylor community members who demonstrate respect for all involved in the health caregiving process.
To nominate Baylor faculty, staff, trainees and students for a POP award, use the submission form to write a brief statement (250 words or less) on why you think they demonstrate exemplary professionalism. Describe a specific episode that you observed or the characteristics of professionalism that you have noted in your nominee.
Nominations can be submitted by any member of Baylor’s medical, education or research communities. Be sure to include the name and contact information for your nominee on the submission form. Use your Baylor email address and password to access the nomination form.
Here are the POP award winners for 2022 (so far):
- Leah Antoniewicz, assistant professor, obstetrics and gynecology
- Dianne Hendricks, Faculty Senate coordinator, senior vice president and general counsel
- Sricharan Gopakumar, medical resident, neurosurgery
- Jaime Eduardo Garcia, medical resident, anesthesiology
- Chaya Murali, assistant professor, molecular and human genetics
- Alec Hendon, medical resident, anesthesiology
- Neal Mody-Neal, medical student, OFC SA-BCM students
- Hannah Todd, medical student, OFC SA-BCM students
- Kevin Tzan, assistant professor, anesthesiology – Harris Health
- Niraj Mehta, associate professor, general medicine, Ben Taub
- Ritika Singh, assistant professor, general medicine, Ben Taub
- Kamal Hirani, assistant professor, general medicine, VAMC
- Meehsa Khatker, medical resident, anesthesiology
- Teena Thomas, assistant professor, anesthesiology, Harris Health
- Lindsay Cameron, assistant professor, pediatrics-infectious disease
- Marcus Hoffman, assistant professor, surgery
- Amanda Grimes, assistant professor, pediatrics-hematology
- Kala Kamdar, associate professor, pediatrics-oncology
- Rory Laubscher, information technology, data services
- Debbie Breault, information technology, web operations
- Lee Chang, associate professor, anesthesiology, Harris Health Ben Taub
- Andy Groves, professor, neuroscience
By Julie Garcia