Spotlight: Erica Morehead

Every month we focus on an outstanding staff member of the BCM Family. This month, it’s Erica Morehead with Patient Business Services.

Do you know of a Baylor staff member who exemplifies our values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork and Excellence (RIITE)? Nominate him or her to be featured in Spotlight by emailing Dana Benson at benson@bcm.edu.

Erica Morehead

Erica Morehead

Name: Erica D. Morehead

Title: Front Desk Specialist I

Department: Patient Business Services

How long have you been at BCM? Since May 6, 2013

What’s your favorite thing about working at BCM? Interacting with people from all the different cultures from around the world who come to the clinic to see our physicians.

Where were you born? Texas Women’s Hospital on Fannin.

What is your favorite kind of food? I absolutely love crawfish. During crawfish season I try to go and eat it at least once a week.

What is your favorite restaurant in Houston, and at that restaurant your favorite dish? I have been going to Jimmy Wok for years. I love the beef lo mien.

What’s on your music playlist? I have a variety of playlists. The one I listen to the most is my morning mix. It ranges from Beyoncé to the Dixie Chicks to Weezer.

What is your dream vacation? Anywhere on a beach that has blue water.

What is your favorite TV show? With me being a reality TV junkie I would have to say anything on Bravo. All of the shows on there crack me up.

Complete this sentence: Most people wouldn’t know that I….took a floral arranging class in college and loved every minute of it. It was very relaxing.

What are some of your personal hobbies? I like to read, try out new places to eat and people watch.

Last book you read? I am currently reading “Gray Mountain” by John Grisham. I was part of the Baylor Clinic Book Club, but it got difficult for me to make the meetings. So now I am reading the books they choose on my own.

Last movie you saw? During the Christmas holiday season I saw “Annie” with family members. It was cute and had references that adults understood but completely went over the heads of the kids, lol!

Any kids? Pets? I have a fabulous mini schnauzer mix named Selah Belle. She was born on Tax Day so I can never forget her birthday!

Favorite food on campus? I am liking the McNair Café because they have a really good chicken salad.

Favorite BCM/Medical Center hangout? I would say any crosswalk is a relaxing place for me to hang out. I love to people watch and people are always coming and going on the crosswalk.