Taking care of your health is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Baylor College of Medicine experts have plenty of tips to help you stay healthy. This month’s Health Hint provides a roundup of resources that are available to the Baylor community to help deal with stress as we continue to face the COVID-19 pandemic and divisive national issues.
- Faculty, staff, residents and postdocs: Visit the Human Resources Employee Assistance Program or call 713-500-3008 or, outside Houston, 1-866-893-3776.
- Students in all of our schools: Visit WellConnect or call 866-640-4777, available 24/7.
- Student and House Staff Mental Health Service: Call 713-798-4881.
- Any member of the BCM Community: Call 866-342-6892.
- Benefits-eligible employees: UnitedHealthcare has provided resources for managing postelection emotions. Health vendor Optum is offering a free emotional support help line, 866-342-6892, along with emotional-support resources and information online.
In addition, please review the Coping Card and access information on and links/codes to the personalized Well-Being Index that provides a snapshot of your mental health and important resources.