Spotlight: Christopher Burnett

Every month we focus on an outstanding staff member of the BCM Family. This month, it’s Christopher Burnett with the Center for Educational Outreach.

Do you know of a Baylor staff member who exemplifies our values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork and Excellence (RIITE)? Nominate him or her to be featured in Spotlight by emailing Dana Benson at benson@bcm.edu.

Christopher Burnett

Christopher Burnett

Name: Christopher Burnett

Title: Lead Project Coordinator

Department: Center for Educational Outreach

How long have you been at BCM? This year marks my fifth with the College.

What’s your favorite thing about working at BCM? Our Center is full of excellent team members whose passion for our mission is evident and who are a pleasure to work with. I have always enjoyed science and am happy to help our team improve health and science teaching and learning throughout Houston and the world.

Where were you born? Bakersfield, Calif.

What is your favorite kind of food? It is hard to decide between sushi and TexMex.

What is your favorite restaurant in Houston, and at that restaurant your favorite dish? Oishii Sushi off Richmond, all of their rolls are delicious!

What’s on your music playlist? Currently my playlist includes Lorde, Andrew McMahon, Alanis Morissette and Zedd.

What is your dream vacation? I would love to visit and observe penguins somewhere in the wild.

What is your favorite TV show? I really enjoy the show “Bones.”

Complete this sentence: Most people wouldn’t know that I … have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

What are some of your personal hobbies? I like to run, read and tinker with my Arduino board. Although I don’t have much time to enjoy my hobbies as I am currently in school!

Last book you read? “Planning and Assessment in Higher Education” by Michael Middaugh

Last movie you saw? “Jurassic World.” It’s no Oscar-magnet, but it’s entertaining.

Favorite food on campus? The café at the Nabisco campus sometimes offers Berry Hill spinach tamales that are quite delicious.

Favorite BCM/Medical Center hangout? I enjoy the McGovern Commons. I find it enjoyable to see the diverse multitude of TMC workers buzzing through the food court.