Spotlight: Holly Bennett

Every month we focus on an outstanding staff member of the BCM Family. This month, it’s Holly Bennett, with the department of medicine.

Name: Hollandra Bennett (Holly)

Title: Academic Coordinator

Department: Medicine/Medicine-Pediatrics

Holly Bennett

Holly Bennett

How long have you been at BCM? 26 years

What have been the biggest changes you’ve seen during that time? I have seen many changes and growth. I think the latest change with the partnership between Baylor and St. Luke’s will be  great for both organizations.

What’s your best memory from BCM? Watching residents move through their residency training with success to completing their training and attending their graduations.

What’s your favorite thing about working at BCM? I enjoy the day to day activities of coordinating the Med/Peds residency program.

Where were you born? Houston

What is your favorite restaurant in Houston, and at that restaurant your favorite dish? Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and my favorite dish is shrimp etouffee.

What’s on your music playlist? Gospel, R&B and smooth jazz.

What is your dream vacation? I had my dream vacation in April when my husband and I traveled to London and Paris.

What is your favorite TV show? “Scandal”

Complete this sentence: Most people wouldn’t know that I….love to sing and I sing in my church choir.

What are some of your personal hobbies? Reading, singing, dancing, traveling, spending time with family and friends.

Last book you read? “Secret Life of Bees” by Sue Monk Kidd

Last movie you saw? “12 Years a Slave”

Tell us about your family: My husband, three adult sons and two grandsons.

Favorite food at BCM’s Luby’s? Salads

Medicine Office at the Baylor Clinic.