Spotlight: Marc Meavé

Every month we focus on an outstanding staff member of the BCM Family. This month, it’s Marc Meavé with the School of Medicine.

Do you know of a Baylor staff member who exemplifies our values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork and Excellence (RIITE)? Nominate him or her to be featured in Spotlight by emailing Dana Benson at benson@bcm.edu.

Name: Marc Anthony Meavé

Marc Meave

Marc Meavé

Title: Administrative Coordinator

Department: Office of Curriculum, School of Medicine

How long have you been at BCM? Approximately two years

What’s your favorite thing about working at BCM? The cumulative deposit of knowledge, experience, beliefs, religion, values, attitudes and hierarchies

Where were you born? Harlingen, Texas

What is your favorite kind of food? May seem cliché but I can eat Mexican food on any hour of the day!

What is your favorite restaurant in Houston, and at that restaurant your favorite dish? Miyako on Washington. You can never go wrong with Baha Maki and L.A. Maki rolls! And a side of spicy ponzu sauce is a MUST.

What’s on your music playlist? Kendrick Lamar, Solange, Erykah Badu, Travis Scott, Fleetwood Mac and Frank Ocean.

What is your dream vacation? Mykonos Island in Greece

What is your favorite TV show? I’m a sucker for any season of “American Horror Story” (Yeah, I’m that guy)

Complete this sentence: Most people wouldn’t know that I … officiate weddings on the weekends.

What are some of your personal hobbies? Although I don’t travel much, I would consider traveling my personal hobby. I love seeing new sites, eating different foods and meeting new people.

Last book you read? “Quiet” by Susan Cain

Last movie you saw? “Get out” – I expected more.

Any kids? Pets? No children, but I am a proud single parent of a mutt named Kitty.

Favorite food on campus? There was once a medical student that brought samosas for a dollar each. Where art thou? Been craving them ever since.

Favorite BCM/Medical Center hangout? The DeBakey Museum is pretty interesting