Spotlight: Nhan Nguyen

Every month we focus on an outstanding staff member of the BCM Family. This month, it’s Nhan Nguyen with the Office of Information Technology.

Nhan Nguyen

Nhan Nguyen

Name: Nhan Nguyen

Title: Quality Assurance Specialist

Department: Office of Information Technology

How long have you been at BCM? In March 2015, it will be three and a half years.

What’s your favorite thing about working at BCM? The people, who are like family to me. It feels like we’re all working together to accomplish great things.

Where were you born? Tokyo, Japan. Made in Japan, as I like to tell people.

What is your favorite kind of food? Rib eye steak, medium rare

What is your favorite restaurant in Houston, and at that restaurant your favorite dish? Chick-Fil-A and their Spicy Chicken Sandwich! 

What’s on your music playlist? Third Day, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Steven Curtis Chapman, Francesca Battistelli and many more.

What is your dream vacation? To have an extended stay in many of America’s most scenic regions … the ones I’ve only sung about and imagined in “America the Beautiful.”

What is your favorite TV show? “The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis,” especially the early season. Close on its heels are “Get Smart” and “Leave it to Beaver,” which is actually edgier than you might remember.

Complete this sentence: Most people wouldn’t know … that I was an extra (and not just in the background!) in the 1985 ninja movie, “Pray for Death.” That’s serious ’80s cool points.

What are some of your personal hobbies? The adventure of raising my son, my devotional blog and cycling. Okay, that last one I’m lapsed on, but will get back in the saddle one day!

Last book you read? “I thank God for this day!” which is a Veggie Tales book (read on). 

Last movie you saw? “Fireproof”

Any kids? Pets? I have an amazing three-year-old son who reminds me daily how to appreciate life with the heart of a child.

Favorite food on campus? Again, the Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich (they come on Thursdays at Nabisco!). 

Favorite BCM/Medical Center hangout? Lately, it’s been anywhere I can walk in and around the Baylor campuses. I’m taking part in the Vitality program, so while I walk around, I can also plan for what I need to do next when I return to my desk.

Do you know of a Baylor staff member who exemplifies our values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork and Excellence (RIITE)? Nominate him or her to be featured in Spotlight by emailing Dana Benson at benson@bcm.edu.