Taking care of your health is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Baylor College of Medicine experts have plenty of tips to help you stay healthy. This month’s Health Hint offers tips to keep the elderly from falling prey to financial scams.
As they age, some elders experience decline in executive functioning capacity, which can affect their ability to make financial decisions. At the holidays and all year long, it’s important to take the following precautions:
- Always shop with a trusted family member or friend
- Protect your ID and credit cards
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Only shop on trusted websites
- Do not give any personal information to individuals over the phone
- Be wary of who you let in your house
- Don’t answer phone calls or e-mails from numbers or senders you do not recognize.”
–Dr. Robert Roush, professor of medicine – geriatrics
Read more about this topic.